BROTHERS BEACH TOWN PARK COMMITTEE
|Perry, Chad, Chairperson||07/31/2024|
Brothers Beach Is Open All Year To Alfred Residents
Come visit for swimming, fishing, ice-fishing, kayaking, walk the old rail road bed or sit and enjoy the view of Alfred's only direct public access to Shaker Pond.
Gate opens for automotive access beginning Memorial Day weekend daily from 8:00AM until 7:00PM through Columbus Day weekend.
Automotive access through the gate is limited to manage maintenance costs during the off season.
Park Rules & Regulations
The following rules and regulations are established by the Brothers Beach Town Park Committee of Alfred, Maine. May 1, 2016.
1. Park gate will be open from 8:00AM to 7:00PM daily from May through October, unless posted otherwise due to operational constraints.
2. This is a carry in/ carry out park as it pertains to all items brought into the park (Please DO NOT store any itmes at the Brothers Beach Town Park Property. Take all itmes you brought back with you at the end of your daily visit). Users shall be responsible for carrying out all their refuse.
3. Activities which endanger persons or property are prohibited. The removal, molesting, injury or damage of anything natural, physical, pre-historical, or historical within this area is strictly prohibited.
4. Feeding or touching wild animals found in the park is prohibited. For health and safety reasons, visitors are required to put away food securely and leave picnic areas clean.
5. No pets allowed.
6. Picnic table(s) are provided at the site by the Brothers Beach Town Park Committee. Moving picnic table(s) from their prepared location is prohibited.
7. Alcoholic beverages are prohibited.
8. Disorderly conduct is prohibited. This includes, but is not limited to: indecent acts, intoxication or coarse language.
9. No open fires. Gas grills only.
10. Fireworks are prohibited.
11. Smoking is prohibited.
12. No hunting or the discharge of any weapon in the Park is prohibited.
13. No gas powered watercraft are to be used or launched from Brothers Beach.
14. Use of floatation devices other than those for child safety are prohibited.
15. No O.H.V. (Off Highway Vehicles) are allowed in park. Snowmobile and ATV access to Shaker Pond is acceptable for Ice Fishing Season.
Visit our Facebook page to see recent happenings or to contact the Beach Committee.